Monday, September 14, 2009

Patrick Swayze

Since I was a kid, I've been in love with Patrick Swayze. My sister would watch Dirty Dancing non FUCKING stop and whenever I got the chance, I'd pop Road House into the VCR, so the guy wasn't just in heavy rotation - he WAS the rotation. Shit, I've even had to come to terms with the fact that Dirty Dancing is a damn fun film and has become one of my favorites for all kinds of reasons.

Needless to say, I'm especially moved by his death, I'm gonna post a new picture I've sketched of him each day for the rest of September until I begin my horror-sketch-a-day routine in October. I'm starting below with my favorite scene of his EVER.

Seriously, I was a fan of the guy. Few celebrity deaths have kicked me in the gut this hard.


As Johnny Castle in the Dirty Dancing climax

(Take the 5 minutes to click here and witness this grin-smearing scene in all its glory)

1 comment:

HardtravelingHero said...

Just a few weeks ago my girlfriend and I watched DD and it was pretty fun, but I also saw it is an ethnic and class film about Jewish culture and class cultures. Grad school will do that stuff to you.

Think Philip Roth, Art Spiegelman, A Walk on the Moon, and add some Dirty Dancing. Yowza, I can't enjoy film or literature in simple ways anymore.